In the age of technological advancements, a new wave of workplace technologies is emerging that goes beyond simply augmenting human workers—it empowers them to become better versions of themselves. By leveraging AI and intelligent devices, these innovative technologies are reshaping how we define and improve human, team, and organizational performance. This transformation is expected to contribute significantly to employee productivity, with studies estimating a 37% increase in labour productivity by 2025 due to AI and machine learning.
However, despite the potential benefits, the readiness gap remains a challenge. While over 90% of business leaders acknowledge the importance of using technology to enhance work outcomes and team performance, only 22% believe their organizations are ready to adopt such technologies fully.
The new fundamentals of embracing technology for improved employee productivity are as follows:
1. Enable technology to work on the worker (and the team): Move beyond viewing technology as a substitute or supplement for human labour and harness technologies that help individuals and teams reach their full potential. For instance, AI-powered tools can offer real-time feedback during presentations, enabling employees to become better presenters.
2. Use interventions and nudges to make humans better: Embrace technology that enhances fundamental human skills such as emotional intelligence, creativity, and team collaboration. By utilizing AI to identify behavioural changes, personalized nudges can be sent to employees to facilitate growth and development.
3. Scale insights for greater impact: The collaboration between technology and human teams can lead to insights at scale, improving performance, communication, and collaboration across the organization. Data gathered through technology can be analysed to inform changes in workforce practices and drive better outcomes.
Leading organizations are already exploring the potential of these technologies:
– Humu uses AI to analyse worker feedback and suggest behavioural changes to improve happiness, performance, and retention.
– Ultranauts employs Teams and Slack bots to create personalized guides for neurodivergent employees, facilitating collaboration with others.
– Drishti’s AI and computer vision technology enables real-time analytics on manual tasks, aiding in process improvement and efficiency in manufacturing.
– Dawn Avatar Robot Café uses remotely operated robot avatars to make the workplace more accessible, allowing individuals with disabilities or other limitations to interact with customers.
As businesses look to the future, they must embrace technology to “Survive, Thrive, and Drive.” This involves understanding the impact of technology on the workforce, incorporating nudging technology in digital transformation journeys, and measuring technology investments based on their ability to improve worker and team performance.
In conclusion, as an MSP provider, CSG Technologies plays a crucial role in contributing to technological advancements that boost employee productivity. By embracing the potential of intelligent technologies, CSG Technologies can help businesses harness the power of AI, data analytics, and collaboration tools to empower their workforce, improve performance, and create a more productive and innovative workplace. Embracing this vision for the future will not only benefit organizations but also have positive downstream effects on customers, product quality, safety, and the environment, making work better for humans and humans better at work.